One Philadelphia DJ dedicated to one purpose... The flawless wedding reception...

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

"Forget Dinner... We Came To Dance!"

Aronimink Golf Club weddingMandy & Bob
June 7, 2008
Aronimink Golf Club
Newtown Square, PA
Web Site

Located just 20 minutes from Philadelphia, Aronimink Golf Club's newly renovated, Tudor style ballroom can accommodate crowds large and small. Upon arrival at the wedding reception, Mandy and Bob's guests were Aronimink Golf Club weddingwelcomed by a very courteous staff before being served exquisite hors d’oeuvres.

The most memorable phrase I heard at Mandy and Bob's reception made it's way to the title of this post.

Bob's mother came up to me just as dinner was getting started and requested I play some up-tempo music like Marvin Gaye's "Got To Give It Up" and Stevie Wonder's "I Wish". When I pointed out the entrees that were being delivered to the guests, she looked me square in the eye and said in a jokingly serious tone, "Forget dinner... We came to dance!". I laughed and obliged. Not too surprisingly, she was right on the money.

Aronimink Golf Club weddingMaybe I am just having a run of good luck with "dancing" crowds (knock on wood), but when I hit "Gimme Some Lovin'" by the Spencer Davis Group, the dance floor exploded!

At the beginning of the night, I looked around with mild skepticism about going the distance on this extended reception, but ten minutes after opening the dance floor, any dillusion of an early departure floated completely away! I don't think even one guest left the dance floor before 11:00 PM!

Congratulations, Kari & Christopher!

Click here to see some photos from their event!


Agenda

6:00-6:55 PM Cocktails

6:55 PM Grand Entrance
Parents & Grandparents: "Celebration" by Kool & The Gang Listen on iTunes!
Bridal Party: "Walk This Way" by Run-DMC & Aerosmith Listen on iTunes!
Bride & Groom: "We Go Together" by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John Listen on iTunes!

7:00 PM First Dance
"It's Your Love" by Tim McGraw & Faith Hill Listen on iTunes!

7:05 PM Blessing & Toasts

7:10-8:30 PM Dinner

7:35 PM Bride & Father Dance
"I Loved Her First" by Heartland Listen on iTunes!

7:40 PM Groom & Mother Dance
"My Wish" by Rascal Flatts Listen on iTunes!

8:30 PM Cake Cutting
"Cut The Cake" by Average White Band Listen on iTunes!

8:35 PM-11:00 PM Open Dancing


Mandy & Bob's comments about their wedding entertainment: "Steve did an amazing job!!! He is very professional as well as personable. We would highly recommend him to anybody. I have had so many of our guests come up to me stating this was the BEST wedding they had ever attended. You can't accomplish this without a great DJ. Awesome job!"

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Blog Directory - Blogged